mario.limoncie...@dell.com:
> Hi,
>
> I recently rushed to get libxmlb and a newer fwupd that uses it into Debian
> unstable with the intent they were there for buster.  After the first upload,
> I saw that the ports were failing to build libxmlb and worked with upstream
> on a patch.  Unfortunately as a result of this the testing migration cutoff
> got reset.
>
> I'd really like to see both of these for buster.  Any chance at letting them
> through?
>

> Thanks,

Hi Mario,

The fwupd upload is unaffected by the soft-freeze but is blocked because
it has autopkgtest regressions.  If you can solve that in a timely
fashion (i.e. in time for it to migrate before the full freeze), it
should be able to migrate without our involvement.  Please use this
approach for fwupd.

As for libxmlb, please observe the freeze deadlines for future cases.
It would have been less work for both parties if you had lead the
original libxmlb version migrate and then fixed the port issues after
the soft-freeze had started.
  I have granted an exception for the version currently in sid (among
other because it was trivial for me to get and review the diff on
respighi); if it migrates on its own from here it will be in buster.
However, it is done on the assumption that libxmlb is release ready
(i.e. either 0.1.6-2 migrates to testing as it is when the delay is over
or it is out).

For future case, please file unblock bugs (using reportbug
release.debian.org - one for each package) as it is easier for us to track.

Thanks,
~Niels