Control: tags -1 moreinfo confirmed

Gregor Jasny:
> Control: tags -1 - moreinfo
>
> Hello,
>
> A new patch turned up and I decided to only cherry-pick the three most
> important patches from the stable-1.16 tree.
>
> Debdiff is attached.
>
> If you agree on the changes I will upload via unstable.
>
> Thanks,
> Gregor

Hi Gregor,

Please go ahead with this patch and remove the moreinfo tag once it has
been fixed.

Please note that you may want to inform upstream of the following
possible bug:

"""
+-      parms->fname = fname;
++      parms->fname = strdup(fname);
++      if (!parms->fname) {
++              dvb_logerr(_("fname calloc: %s"), strerror(errno));
++              return -errno;
++      }
++
"""

Please note that *any* call to a library function (e.g. strerror or _,
which I presume is gettext, or dvb_logerr which sounds like it will do
IO operations) may alter errno.  I.e. the errno returned may no longer
be from the failing strdup.

AFAICT, this is a consistent issue through out the diff and therefore
not really a regression:

"""
+               if (xioctl(fd, FE_GET_PROPERTY, &dtv_prop) == -1) {
+                       dvb_perror("FE_GET_PROPERTY");
+-                      dvb_v5_free(parms);
+                       close(fd);
+                       return -errno;
"""

Which is why I am ok with accepting it as it is.  For reference, the
solution is to store "errno" in a local variable immediately after the
failing call.

Thanks,
~Niels