On Tue, 2019-08-20 at 22:22 +0100, Samuel Henrique wrote:
> Hello Adam,
>
> > It certainly can't be 1.3.2-1+deb10u1, as that version number is
> > higher
> > than the package in unstable. Either one would need to go with
> > 1.3.1-
> > 2+deb10u1 with just the bug fix applied, or 1.3.2-1~deb10u1 with a
> > "backports-style" changelog containing both 1.3.2-1 and then the
> > stable
> > update. In either case we would need a debdiff that reflects the
> > chosen
> > approach.
> >
> > One thing that will need to be fixed in unstable first either way:
> >
> >     Not built on buildd: arch all binaries uploaded by samueloph
> >
> > As per the d-d-a announcement, that will need a new source upload
> > unstable to resolve, as arch:all can't be usefully binNMUed.
>
> I just uploaded 1.3.3-1 (source-only) to unstable, can I just wait
> until it migrates to testing and then go with "1.3.2-1+deb10u1" ?
> If so, I will remove the "moreinfo" tag when it the package migrates
> to Testing (in 2 days) and we can use the latest debdiff on this
> thread.

That doesn't really make sense as a version here, as it's not a stable
update on top of 1.3.2-1; stable only has 1.3.1-2.

If you really want to go with the complete version rather than just the
specific fix, then either 1.3.2-1~deb10u1 - and therefore with the
original 1.3.2-1 changelog with a "backports style" entry on top - or
1.3.2-0+deb10u1.

Regards,

Adam