Le 21/08/2019 à 10:14, Mattia Rizzolo a écrit :
>> I used to schedule these, but for many months it seems it wasn't
>> necessary, not sure if someone else scheduled them
>
> At the very least, quite some times pochu did them the last year, fwiw.
>
>> Going forward, it is not sustainable for this to depend on manual
>> interaction by me. We at least need to allow a more active member of
>> the Haskell team do these, or finally automate this tedious task.
>
> It's the problem all statically liked languages have, be that haskell,
> ocaml, or the "new" golang (that came to the spotlight due to a somewhat
> worse implementation than the other two).  Please do try to coordinate
> and decide on a sane method to process auto-binNMUs or something like
> that.

As far as ocaml is concerned, it is not due to the language being
"statically linked", but to the strict and automatic ABI checking (and
no notion of backward compatibility at the ABI level). We would have the
same problem (maybe even worse) if the language was dynamically linked.

Cheers,

--
Stéphane