On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 at 08:44:47 +0100, Simon McVittie wrote:
> I uploaded some GNOME Shell fixes to unstable after the buster release
> which I think would be worth considering for a buster update - perhaps
> for 10.2 rather than 10.1 at this point.

The GNOME team is starting to upload GNOME 3.34 to unstable, so these
3.30.x updates have had as much testing in testing/unstable as they are
going to get. I haven't seen any regression reports, either from
testing/unstable users or after asking stable users to test a prerelease.

Do these changes seem OK to upload to proposed-updates now
that 10.1 is out? Early in the cycle is probably a good time,
to get as much opportunity as possible for people to try them via
proposed-updates. Please let me know if any of the upstream fixes are
considered too intrusive and need to be reverted.

Test binaries for amd64 which should be equivalent to the version I have
prepared for proposed-updates (but with a slightly lower version number):
https://people.debian.org/~smcv/201908/mutter/
https://people.debian.org/~smcv/201908/gnome-shell/

Thanks,
    smcv