On Sun, 2019-07-21 at 10:55 -0300, Ivo De Decker wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> Sorry for not getting back to you about this earlier.
>
> On 7/7/19 3:43 PM, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > On Sun, 2019-07-07 at 02:47 +0100, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
> > [...]
> > > No binary maintainer uploads for bullseye
> > > =========================================
> > >
> > > The release of buster also means the bullseye release cycle is about to
> > > begin.
> > >  From now on, we will no longer allow binaries uploaded by maintainers to
> > > migrate to testing. This means that you will need to do source-only
> > > uploads if
> > > you want them to reach bullseye.
> >
> > I support this move in principle, but:
> >
> > >    Q: I already did a binary upload, do I need to do a new (source-only)
> > > upload?
> > >    A: Yes (preferably with other changes, not just a version bump).
> > >
> > >    Q: I needed to do a binary upload because my upload went to the NEW
> > > queue,
> > >       do I need to do a new (source-only) upload for it to reach bullseye?
> > >    A: Yes. We also suggest going through NEW in experimental instead of
> > > unstable
> > >       where possible, to avoid disruption in unstable.
> > [...]
> >
> > This is not going to fly for src:linux.  We can't stage ABI bumps in
> > experimental as we typically have a different upstream versions in
> > unstable and experimental.  We even need to do ABI bumps in stable from
> > time to time.
>
> We are aware that src:linux is a special case here. I added an exception
> for the arch:all binaries from src:linux. When the next ABI bump in
> unstable happens, feel free to let me know, so that I can check if it
> works as expected.

linux version 5.2.17-1 was the first version that included an ABI bump
and did not have any regressions that blocked it from testing.  It has
transitioned to testing including the developer-built arch:all
packages, so I believe that this exception works.  Thank you!

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Unix is many things to many people,