On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 09:37:52AM +0100, Xavier Guimard wrote:
> Package: release.debian.org
> Severity: normal
> User: release.debian....@packages.debian.org
> Usertags: rm
>
> Hi,
>
> node-request is deprecated (#956423) and won't be part of Bullseye. I'd
> like to see it removed from testing after node-jsdom migration.

Popcon is low enough that #956423 should start autoremoval as soon
as no key package [1] is left in testing that (build) depends on it
without any action from the release team.

bunk@coccia:~$ dak rm -p -R -n -s bullseye node-request
Checking reverse dependencies...
# Broken Depends:
node-gyp: node-gyp
node-jsdom: node-jsdom
node-matrix-js-sdk: node-matrix-js-sdk
node-millstone: node-millstone
node-yarnpkg: yarnpkg

# Broken Build-Depends:
node-jsdom: node-request
node-matrix-js-sdk: node-request
node-opencv: node-request
node-request-promise-core: node-request
node-yarnpkg: node-request (>= 2.88.1-5~)

Fixing node-yarnpkg (#958686) would be the next step.

>From a quick look node-jsdom and node-yarnpkg are the only key packages
still (build) depending on node-request in testing, if this is true then
having both fixed in testing should start autoremoval of node-request
and all reverse (build) dependencies in testing.

> Cheers,
> Xavier

cu
Adrian