On 4/26/21 4:01 PM, Sebastian Ramacher wrote:
>> The changelog goes like this:
>>
>>   1* Add variables: DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS: nocheck DEB_BUILD_PROFILES: nocheck in
>>     debian/salsa-ci.yml.
>>   2* Do not delete /etc/glance/rootwrap.conf, owned by python3-glance-store.
>>     (Closes: #987193).
>>   3* mv /etc/glance/policy.json /etc/glance/disabled.policy.json.old instead
>> of
>>     deleting /etc/glance/policy.json.
>>   4* Tune glance-api-uwsgi.ini for performance.
>
> Regarding 3*: why isn't the old file not moved to the new location?
>
> Cheers

I'm sorry, I'm too much into it, and forgot the main story.

For a technical reason that would be long to explain, the old json
format is deprecated, and OpenStack users should stop using it as soon
as possible, otherwise, it may may create of issues. The new way of
doing things is to stop Json with every policy option declared, and
switch to a standard where everything commented-out in a yaml file,
describing what's in the python code as default.

In Debian, we now generates a yaml file in
/etc/glance/policy.d/00_default-policy.yaml. I expect users to leave the
file as-is, and just add configuration fragments on the same folder,
rather than editing a unique policy.json like before.

Therefore, the best thing we could do, was just move away .json format
API policy file, to make sure that it's not in use (because older
version of Glance may point to the old /etc/glance/policy.json). And
that's why I'm using such an explicit "disabled.policy.json.old" name.

The thing is, deleting the old policy.json was a bad idea. Because
administrator may have edited that file to set various API policies in
previous releases of OpenStack. So best is to keep it, but renamed, and
tell the user to put what he edited as fragments in /etc/glance/policy.d
in yaml format only.

Moving the policy.json in the policy.d is not a good idea either,
because it keeps the old JSON format, now deprecated by upstream, that
we explicitly require users to move away from.

I hope it's more clear now.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)