Package: release.debian.org
User: release.debian....@packages.debian.org
Usertags: pu
Tags: bullseye
Severity: normal

[ Reason ]
There's a regression in Debian's packaging of mtr 0.94 in which json
support is missing due to a change in upstream. It now requires the
package to be compiled with jansson for it to work. This issue only
affects bullseye as of now.

[ Impact ]
Failure when trying to use the --json option:
$ mtr --json debian.org
mtr: unrecognized option '--json'

[ Tests ]
Manually confirmed that the fix, currently in testing, is working both
with --json and without it.

[ Risks ]
The only risk of regression relies on mtr breaking somewhere else due
to this library being available at compilation time. I consider this
extremely unlikely.

[ Checklist ]
  [x] *all* changes are documented in the d/changelog
  [x] I reviewed all changes and I approve them
  [x] attach debdiff against the package in (old)stable
  [x] the issue is verified as fixed in unstable

[ Changes ]
Addition of libjansson-dev as a build-dep.

[ Other info ]
https://bugs.debian.org/986534

--
Samuel Henrique <samueloph>