On 2022-01-11 21:17:54 [+0000], Adam D. Barratt wrote:
> Now that the equivalent update made it to stretch, this seems as good a
> time as any - I'm assuming that no major issues have ben reported in
> unstable in the meantime?

correct.

> I wasn't really sure which of the changes made sense to mention, but
> had a go at an initial draft for an announcement. Tweaks, updates or
> complete rewrites welcome:
>
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> ClamAV is an AntiVirus toolkit for Unix.
>
> Upstream published version 0.103.4.
>
> This is a bug-fix release and an upstream LTS release. The changes are not
> currently required for operation, but upstream strongly recommends that users
> update.

Maybe adding something like
  ", but upstream strongly recommends that users update for continued
  support."

Upstream asks to use latest patch level version for support which
includes access to the signature database.

Speaking of latest patch version: Upstream released today .5. Would you
prefer to wait with this until I upload .5 to unstable and
stable/oldstable for this (and avoiding a second announcement)?

> Changes since 0.103.3 currently in buster and bullseye include fixes for
> several possible crashes, corrected handling of 0-byte incremental database
> updates and the renaming of several heuristic-based alerts.
>
> If you use clamav, we recommend that you install this update.
>
> Regards,
>
> Adam

Sebastian