Fabio Fantoni writes...

> I didn't think about that. I thought new upstream releases are only
> done for special packages which otherwise have no security support
> like Firefox or PHP
>
> But I'll do that now.

This bug is #1023205 but I note there has been no response so far.

I would like to be able to use the new 6.00-1 version in stable as the existing version there does not work on many systems, modern but also even those 5+ years old. I think there is a good argument for including in a stable update, but either way can we get a decision and have it available in stable proposed updates or backports soon?

Thanks,

--
Matt Taggart
m...@lackof.org