Santiago Vila <sanv...@debian.org> wrote:
> El 23/9/22 a las 10:21, Timo Aaltonen escribió:
>> Paul Gevers kirjoitti 22.9.2022 klo 22.26:
>>> So, Timo, is the package in bullseye broken with the security update and
>>> does it need a fix, or is it fine?
>>
>> It needs a rebuild, [...]
>
> I think it's really broken:

Note that bind-dyndb-ldap currently also fails to build in unstable
since the latest bind9 release, see

It is currently preventing bind9 9.18.10-2 from migrating to unstable
(that fixes a couple of bugs), and bind9 security updates were already
following the upstream branch in bullseye (as seen above).

I'm not entirely familiar with how upstream operates on this, but as far
as I understand
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1014503 there is no
API guarantee whatsoever and bind-dyndb-ldap is the only out-of-tree
dyndb plugin ever created.

Unless someone can fix this fast and for good, I'm afraid we will be
stuck during a rock and a hard place for the entire bookworm release.
src:bind9-libs was created to keep isc-dhcp on life support (and I think
it could be removed from unstable, since isc-dhcp uses the bundled
libraries instead of
https://tracker.debian.org/news/1323159/accepted-isc-dhcp-443-1-source-into-unstable/
), but that's an entirely different case (using some functions in bind
libraries vs. being a plugin).

Bernhard