    Michael> Excluding packages that only ship overrides/drop-ins, this
    Michael> makes 37 affected packages in bookworm.
    >>
    >> If I'm understanding this issue correctly, the concern would be a
    >> package that moved from /lib/systemd/system to
    >> /usr/lib/systemd/system.

    Michael> Well, not really. I'm concerned about packages shipping
    Michael> files in /usr/lib/systemd/system and expecting that those
    Michael> services are properly enabled/started/restarted/stopped.

I appreciate that is your concern.
However, it would be easier to work with you if you expressed empathy
and understanding for the other related concerns in the space.
My understanding is that the reason this is not a trivially accepted
patch is related to usrmerge and the issue I brought up.
Have I got that right?