I have a slightly related question for the release team, and apologies
in advance if I'm hijacking this thread.

WPE WebKit, the other major port of WebKit in Debian is also
introducing a new API in 2.40.0, although in this case the old API
will still be available (but deprecated) for a time.

Unlike WebKitGTK, WPE WebKit only has two reverse dependencies: cog
(a mini browser developed by the same upstream team) and a GStreamer
plugin (gstreamer1.0-wpe, part of the -plugins-bad set). None of these
packages plays a prominent role in the distribution so I think a
transition could be handled with very low risk.

However I also realize that we're quite late in the freeze period,
so I would like to ask: is it a good idea that I try to handle
a transition for WPE WebKit? I will understand if the answer is
negative.

Thanks!

Berto