Hi,

Paul Gevers <elb...@debian.org> (2023-03-16):
> From where I'm looking, bookworm is looking pretty good. Obviously
> we'll have to follow through on the flurry of unblock requests that
> came in after the hard freeze, but that should be manageable in a
> couple of weeks. kibi just told me on IRC that asking this question
> now is not crazy from a d-i point of view.

Asking questions is never crazy. :)

> That hopefully means that around the end of April, also the bookworm
> d-i should™ be ready for release (kibi, I'm sure you'll comment on
> this if I got you wrong or if you want to provide more details).

At this stage, I'd still like to have at least two releases out. The
first few weeks after the Alpha 2 release were awfully quiet
feedback-wise, that's much better now, and we've got a few fixes and
improvements queued up. There's also a brand new set of shim* packages,
which should definitely end up in some release at some point.

Without having checked with Steve yet, I certainly expect us to be able
to publish at least a release in March and another before say mid-April…

> So, shall we add availability for May too? 6th, 13th, 20th (Ascension
> weekend), and 27th (coincides with DebianReunionHamburg)?

… which should be all good for a tentative release in May, we would
still have time for a few extra tweaks with a final debian-installer
upload, should they be needed at that stage (rather than wait until
12.1).

Cheers,
--
Cyril Brulebois (k...@debian.org)            <https://debamax.com/>