Control: tags -1 confirmed moreinfo

Hi,

[I was hoping another Release Team member would shim in, but alas. Please read till the end.]

On 02-05-2023 16:11, plugwash wrote:
Elbrus replied to my bug report, challangeing why I had filed it as rc, I
explained my position and he seemed somewhat but not totally convinced.

Although I agree with you on the normal approach, I explicitly note here that this source builds *multiple* arch specific binaries and only one fails to install on several architectures where it builds fine. Manually maintaining a list of architectures is a PITA.

I would like to ask for a release team ruling on this bug. If the release agree
it is rc and should be fixed, I am happy to make an upload doing so. On the
other hand if the release team decide that it is not rc and should not be fixed
at this stage in the release process I'm happy to abide by that descision.

I think we have a way forward, because it's claimed that the binary python3-brial should be removed in the not too distant future, so this architecture hard-coding is a temporary solution. (However, there are two reverse dependencies of the package, so that will need to be solved in trixie). Having said that, I want to hear other opinions for the general case.

Paul