Hi Graham,

On 2023-05-31 08:58, Graham Inggs wrote:
> Hi Christian
>
> On Sun, 28 May 2023 at 18:48, Christian Kastner <c...@debian.org> wrote:
>> unblock hipsparse/5.3.3+dfsg-2
>
> The debdiff looks good to me, however the migration of
> hipsparse/5.3.3+dfsg-2 appears to be blocked by rocsparse/5.3.0+dfsg-3
> [1].>
> Migrates after: rocsparse

I didn't notice this because I didn't expect this, and to be honest I'm
still a bit confused: I can't see why rocsparse 5.3.0+dfsg-3 would block
hipsparse? The Depends and Build-Depends aren't versioned.

> Migration status for hipsparse (5.3.3+dfsg-1 to 5.3.3+dfsg-2):
> BLOCKED: Needs an approval (either due to a freeze, the source suite
> or a manual hint)
> Issues preventing migration:
> ∙ ∙ Not touching package due to block request by freeze (Follow the
> freeze policy when applying for an unblock)
> ∙ ∙ Too young, only 2 of 5 days old
> ∙ ∙ Build-Depends(-Arch): hipsparse rocsparse
> ∙ ∙ Depends: hipsparse rocsparse
>
> I don't see an unblock request for rocsparse/5.3.0+dfsg-3, would you
> file one please?

I'd be happy to, but the debdiff for rocsparse/5.3.0+dfsg-3 to -2 would
be a bit larger than for hipsparse; this is the changelog:

> * Update patch DEP-3 metadata fields.
>    * d/rules: use DWARF 4 debug symbols
>    * d/rules: enable hardening flags
>    * d/rules: enable gfx1010 and gfx1011
>    * Add d/p/0003-fix-oob-access-in-rocsparse-test.patch
>      to fix out-of-bound accesses in test suite.
>    * Reduce arch to amd64, arm64, ppc64el

There's nothing dramatic in there, and the changes have been in unstable
for almost 3 months now, so we would be fine with letting that migrate
if that's the call.

I'd also be happy to prepare an upload with some of the changes reduced,
but I'm not sure how that would work on your end, schedule-wise.

Anyway, perhaps there is a simpler resolution to this, namely the
rocsparse block just being a false positive.

Best,
Christian