On 2023-06-26 18:10:57 [+0100], Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
> Control: tag -1 moreinfo
>
> You're both going to have to help me a) understand what is the user-facing
> problem you're solving which is necessary to fix in stable and b) whether
> you're both agreed on how to fix it.

a) The bpo of manpages-de and manpages-fr contains a manpage for xz. The
   regular (non-bpo) package does not contain such the man-page nor does
   the package in the following stable contain this man-page.
   The user facing problem is the installation of both
   manpages-de|manpages-fr and xz-utils/5.2.11-0~deb11u1 because both
   provide the same man-page/file and dpkg doesn't like that.

b) I *think* we agreed on removing the man-pages from bpo of
   manpages-[de|fr] in the next upload if the upload of
   xz-utils/5.2.11-0~deb11u1 is confirmed. Otherwise it makes no sense
   to anything, the upgrade path bpo -> next-stable is working due to
   proper package relations.

> Thanks,

Sebastian