On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 at 09:33, Jonathan Wiltshire <j...@debian.org> wrote:

> There are two lintian warnings:
>
> W: debhelper-but-no-misc-depends mariadb-server-10.5
> W: transitional-package-not-oldlibs-optional database/optional

The version in unstable has intentionally no changes to ensure maximum
time of testing of the version that now is going into stable updates.

I have not done any extra Lintian fixes as doing extra Lintian fixes
and quality improvements lead to the Bookworm uploaded being blocked
for months in the first place.

This is the full list of issues currently detected by Lintian:
https://mariadb-team.pages.debian.net/-/mariadb-server/-/jobs/4410572/artifacts/debian/output/lintian.html
https://udd.debian.org/lintian/?packages=mariadb (link not timestamped)

I am now looking into these and will fix them on the
https://salsa.debian.org/mariadb-team/mariadb-server/-/commits/debian/bookworm
branch directly:
* debhelper-but-no-misc-depends mariadb-server-10.5
* transitional-package-not-oldlibs-optional database/optional

> We also have a lack of dbgsym packages, probably because of the maintainer
> upload of amd64 and all. I'd quite like to fix the second lintian warning
> at least; if you uploaded again now with the more conventional version of
> 1:10.11.4-1~deb12u1 do you have to go through NEW again or could you make
> it a source-only upload?

Yes, I can do a source upload of 1:10.11.4-1~deb12u1 once above
changes are done and approved.