Hi,

OpenSSL didn't migrate to testing for two reasons:
#1 Didn't build on mips64el because slow buildd is slow.

#2 Autopkgtest fails in the latest version due to changes in OpenSSL.

For #1 Kurt increased the priority so it might build eventually.

#2. This is known by nodejs upstream and has been fixed by adjusting the
nodejs test suite. I filled a bug BTS collecting all needed pieces:
        https://bugs.debian.org/1055416

Besides OpenSSL 3.0.12 there is also 3.1.4 currently in experimental
which is also blocked nodejs' autopkgtest but this time a different
issue:
        https://bugs.debian.org/1052470

Based on my faded out memory, it was a bit more complicated.

I'm now curious to learn what could be the best way to move forward. I
have a few ideas:
- NMU #1055416, allow the transition to happen.

- NMU also #1052470 in order to allow an OpenSSL 3.1.4 upload. This
  could be tricky because proposed change is based on nodejs' master-18.x
  branch meaning new nodejs version which could lead to other issues.
  I could try to isolate the needed bits but…

- Ignore debci for Nodejs which would allow 3.0.12-2 to migrate and
  3.1.4 could follow to unstable shortly after.

Anyone?

Sebastian