Hi,

unfortunately, this mail left my system before it was complete. See below.

On  Sa 06 Jan 2024 08:36:21 CET, Mike Gabriel wrote:

Please unblock the recent bullseye-pu upload of libmateweather.

[ Reason ]
Main reason for providing the pu is that Aviation Weather changed their
data server URL for retrieving weather information from their servers.

While at it, more data changes have been cherry-picked from upstream (see
below).

[ Impact ]
If this pu does not get accepted, Debian users will have a broken
weather-applet on MATE desktop. No weather information can be retrieved.

[ Tests ]
Manually installed the new .deb version and tested the MATE weather applet
regarding the introduced changes (on a Debian (Edu) bullseye system).

[ Risks ]
Regressions are always possible. MATE users will be affected. Esp. when using
weather reports on their desktop.

[ Checklist ]
  [x] *all* changes are documented in the d/changelog
  [x] I reviewed all changes and I approve them
  [x] attach debdiff against the package in (old)stable
  [x] the issue is verified as fixed in unstable

[ Changes ]

+ * debian/patches: Cherry-pick upstream fixes from libmateweather 1.24 branch:
+    + add 0001_add-two-brazilian-cities.patch
+    + add 0002_remove-Berlin-Tegel.patch
+ * debian/patches: Cherry-pick upstream fixes from libmateweather 1.26 branch:
+    + add (and comment out) 0011_Kyiv-timezone.patch (tzdata in bullseye
+      still uses the old Europe/Kiew
+    + add city: 0012_add-San-Miguel-de-Tucuman-Argentina.patch
+    + update Chicago area codes: 0013_Chicago-area-updates.patch
+    + update data server URL: 0014_data-server-url-changed.patch (Closes:
+      #1054248, #1054268)
+    + typo fixes in location names: 0005_fix-some-location-names.patch
+    + new Tbilisi airport code: 0006_tbilisi-IATA-airport-code-changed.patch
+ + Add follow-up patch 0014b_The-url-with-www.-is-a-permanent-redirect-308-
+      to-the.patch. The url with 'www.aviationweather.gov' is a permanent
+      redirect (308) to the url without 'www.'.

[ Other info ]
This bullseye-pu brings libmateweather onto a similar level as libmateweather in bookworm after the bookworm-pu 1.26.0-1.1+deb12u2 (2!) has been accepted (see #1060129).

light+love,
Mike

--

mike gabriel aka sunweaver (Debian Developer)
mobile: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: sunwea...@debian.org, http://sunweavers.net