Control: tags -1 moreinfo

Hi Bastien

On 2024-01-05 22:35:44 +0000, Bastien Roucariès wrote:
> Package: release.debian.org
> Severity: important
> User: release.debian....@packages.debian.org
> Usertags: transition
>
> Imagemagick will need a new major bump
>
> I achieved to get imagemagick 7 build for experimental (it is only on salsa
> not
> uploaded yet).
>
> Every package include a version in the package name (except legacy package
> name
> and perl*) so I plan to do some step by step migration, because it is mainly
> coinstallable with imagemagick 6.

Why does this migration require co-instabillity with the old version?
This makes the transition overly complicated. Do you expect major
changes required in reverse dependencies of imagemagick's shared
library?

PS: Before the time_t transition is done, we will not process other
transitions.

Cheers
--
Sebastian Ramacher