On Mon, Feb 12, 2024 at 12:37:44AM +0100, Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> On 11/02/2024 21.36, Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:
> > If I can add a comment: I (but note I'm not wearing a
> > nvidia-graphics-drivers maintainer hat) would support that, as there
> > are enough people affected by this. This is quite unfortunate and I'm
> > open to hear ideas how we can try to avoid such fallouts.
>
> I was aware of the bug (#1062932) but not of the fact a point release was
> upcoming. Even if I had been aware of the point release I'm not sure if I
> had realized the impact of this bug to make me yell ;-)
> Perhaps once point release dates have been choosen, this could be announced
> to d-d-a@ as well.
> I'm not following debian-release@ ... -ENOTIME

The point release dates go to debian-stable-annou...@lists.debian.org which
is very low traffic. But I agree it's likely that it would have been a
hidden problem anyway.

--
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      j...@debian.org
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51
ed25519/0x196418AAEB74C8A1: CA619D65A72A7BADFC96D280196418AAEB74C8A1