On Mon, Mar 04, 2024 at 09:52:14AM +0100, Gerardo Ballabio wrote:
> Gianluca Renzi wrote:
> > The same here. We never used the d-i but we are using Debian systems
> > (kernel and root file system) as daily bases of our line of products
> > embedded systems. Hundred of thousands of boards are using Debian since
> > Debian Lenny 5.0. From armel to armhf 32 bit systems.
> > So a drop of the armel and/or armhf will force us to a very complicated
> > rearrangement of our build systems.
> > Please don't do that if you can.
>
> Hi Gianluca,
> if that is so important for your business, you might consider
> sponsoring some work on this issue.
> The Debian Long Term Support project
> <https://www.freexian.com/lts/debian/> is about keeping "old stuff"
> working so that might be the right place to ask.

That's not the right place, LTS is about keeping *old Debian versions*
security supported for 2 additional years (and has dropped armel since stretch).

LTS is not doing anything at all regarding keeping older/unusual
hardware supported, such work has to be done directly in Debian
(and upstream).

> Gerardo

cu
Adrian