Package: release.debian.org
Severity: normal
Tags: bookworm
User: release.debian....@packages.debian.org
Usertags: pu

[ Reason ]
We need to update src:nvidia-open-gpu-kernel-modules to a new upstream
version to stay in sync with src:nvidia-graphics-drivers (for a matching
firmware-nvidia-gsp upstream version) and to fix some CVEs.

[ Impact ]
A graphics driver with some open CVEs.

[ Tests ]
Only installability and module buildability have been tested, everything
else would require nvidia hardware.

[ Risks ]
Upgrading the nvidia driver stack in stable to new upstream releases has
already been done in the past.

[ Checklist ]
  [*] *all* changes are documented in the d/changelog
      The changelog entries for the uploads to sid and bookworm are
      still missing.
  [.] I reviewed all changes and I approve them
      The upstream changes are exceed any reasonably reviewable size.
  [.] attach debdiff against the package in (old)stable
      Only for debian/*
  [ ] the issue is verified as fixed in unstable
      I'm currently doing interoperability tests with
      src:nvidia-graphics-drivers. (These two source packages
      need to be updated together due to the strict firmware
      dependency.) An upload to bookworm will only happen after the
      package is in sid.

[ Changes ]
The full upstream diffstat summary is
1766 files changed, 321746 insertions(+), 112788 deletions(-)
and thus I treat this as "unreviewed blob".
(Parts of this are firmware blobs as hexdump in C source const char[]
format.)

 debian/.gitignore                                  |   1 +
 debian/bug-control.mk                              |   8 +-
 debian/changelog                                   | 114 +++++++++++++++++++--
 debian/control                                     |   5 +-
 debian/copyright                                   |   4 +-
 debian/patches/hmm.patch                           |  17 +++
 ...-minimum-supported-kernel-version-to-3.10.patch |   4 +-
 ...-remove-empty-lines-from-uts_release-outp.patch |   6 +-
 debian/patches/module/0034-fix-typos.patch         |  48 +++++++++
 debian/patches/module/bashisms.patch               |   2 +-
 debian/patches/module/cc_version_check-gcc5.patch  |   2 +-
 .../module/conftest-prefer-arch-headers.patch      |   2 +-
 debian/patches/module/conftest-verbose.patch       |  14 +--
 debian/patches/module/ppc64el.patch                |  19 ----
 debian/patches/module/series.in                    |   2 +-
 debian/patches/module/use-kbuild-compiler.patch    |   2 +-
 debian/patches/module/use-kbuild-flags.patch       |   2 +-
 debian/patches/series                              |   1 +
 debian/patches/typos.patch                         |  20 ++--
 debian/rules                                       |   9 +-
 debian/rules.defs                                  |   2 +-
 debian/source/lintian-overrides                    |   3 -
 debian/sync.sh                                     |   1 +

There are only minor packaging changes, these have been synced from
src:nvidia-graphics-drivers.

[ Other info ]
This is a rebuild of the package from sid with no further changes.

Andreas