On 26/09/2026 07:08, Pino Toscano wrote:
Package: release.debian.org
Severity: normal
X-Debbugs-Cc: [email protected]
Control: affects -1 + src:libunibreak
User: [email protected]
Usertags: transition
Hi,
I'd like to request a transition slot for the update of the libunibreak
library 7.0 to 8.0. Each new major version bumps the SOVERSION; in this
case some internal headers/APIs were removed.
There are few users of libunibreak in Debian:
- coolreader -- #1149030
- crengine-ng -- #1149029
- efl
- fbreader
- krita
- libass
The majority of them (not using the removed APIs) build correctly with
the new version of libunibreak.
coolreader & crengine-ng fails because they used internal APIs that were
removed. I filed the tickets few minutes ago both for upstream and for
Debian (see the bts# above); other than being fixed upstream,
- crengine-ng can be built disabling the libunibreak support
Sounds fine.
- coolreader can be built only including an embedded copy of
libunibreak 7.0, which is supported by the upstream build scripts;
not ideal though
This one not so much. I'd rather the package FTBFS until a fix can be included,
and it can be temporarily removed from testing if necessary.
At the moment there are ongoing ffmpeg and Qt transitions, so this can
wait for them. Let me know about the two issues I reported so far.
Yes, let's wait for now.
Cheers,
Emilio