Hi,

On Mittwoch, 8. September 2010, Daniel Baumann wrote:
> > Well, it was the case during lenny's freeze because (if I'm not
> > mistaken) the packages were still brand new at that time, which doesn't
> > apply anymore.
>
> this is not what luk said to me last release cycle.
>
> > Besides, I don't see changes having something related to
> > the archive's state. If there are any, please comment on them.
>
> people (including me) can't really do wide tests of images that can't be
> build in the first place if not all tasks are installable. that's why
> some bugs only turn up quite late in the release cycle.

a few packages are in this boat: debian-cd, live-* packages, debian-edu, fai
and probably others.

what they also have in common is that breakage in them doesnt affect other
packages.

so IMHO all these kind of packages should be treated differently then the
rest. equally to the rest they should also only be updated with care and sane
diffs :)

cheers,
        Holger