gnome-pilot is orphaned but there is a new upstream release, I'm
looking at a QA upload (as I did the last one). Ubuntu have packaged it
but not changed the package name. Formerly it was libgnome-pilot2 but
now that library has a SONAME of 5 and the library package includes two
other libraries, SONAME 3 and SONAME 4.

./usr/lib/libgpilotd.so.5
./usr/lib/libgpilotdcm.so.4
./usr/lib/libgpilotdconduit.so.3

AFAICT the only reverse dependency is gnome-pilot-conduits which I've
also updated, but won't upload yet.

Changes are in SVN:

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/collab-maint/ext-maint/gnome-pilot/trunk/?op=log

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/collab-maint/ext-maint/gnome-pilot-conduits/trunk/?op=log

I propose to change gnome-pilot to build libgnome-pilot5_2.32.0-1 which
will have to go through NEW.

Are there any problems with this mini-transition if gnome-pilot-conduits
is not uploaded until gnome-pilot has cleared NEW? (Neither package can
migrate without the other as migrating new gnome-pilot will break
installations of existing gnome-pilot-conduits.)

--

Neil Williams