On Sun, 2012-08-12 at 10:38 +0800, Thomas Preud'homme wrote:
> I'm writing to you as I would like your approval to upload dspam package to
> testing-proposed-update in order to fix bug #644392. As you can see, the
> version in unstable contains to many change for an unblock request and an
> upload via testing-proposed-updates is necessary.

Looking at the changes in unstable, it might be worth including the fix
for #669993 too?

> The patch comes from upstream and consist of fixing a commented command line
> call exim in dspam configuration. If users uncomment the current command
> line,
> data loss can result from it, as explain the message [0].
>
> [0] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=644392#73

Is there a plan to get that fixed in unstable?

> Except for the upload via testing-proposed-update, I think the upload respect
> the criterias: minor changes to fix an RC bug. You'll find attached the
> debdiff.
> As soon as I get your approval I'll ask a DD to upload the package (I don't
> have my gpg key where I am right now) and will come back to you once all
> architectures have build the package to ask you to approve the upload. By the
> way, is this step done via BTS or via mail to the ML?

A bug would be preferable, as it makes it much easier to track.  You can
do that once the package has been uploaded though - britney won't
attempt to migrate a tpu package until all architectures are available.

Regards,

Adam