On Wed, 2012-09-26 at 00:35 +0800, Larry Pinney wrote:
> VideoLAN should have sftp enabled in order to play video on the (my)
> LAN.
> Please include the commit from Benjamin Drung in the upcoming Release.
>

> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-multimedia/vlc.git;a=commitdiff;h=ebfad0e

The Release Team can't do anything about a patch that's not in unstable.
CCing the vlc maintainers; please direct further discussion there.
(From a very quick look it sounds featurish and therefore possibly not
appropriate at this point, but if the maintainers wish to include it in
a future upload then that's their decision.)

Thanks,

Adam