> Do you have CVE numbers, BTS references or any further detail?

No, I don't believe any such processes were engaged.  But examination of
the actual changes shows many potentially security-relevant deltas.  The
tool is most commonly used in "friendly" networks to look for
vulnerabilities, so this does not render it useless.  But I would be
surprised if it were not possible to create hostile traffic that would
at the very least crash the tool, and likely subvert it.

> So, can you please let me know if you're going to backport the fixes,
> or if I should remove it from wheezy.

As I've already said repeatedly, I don't think backporting all and only
the security-relevant patches is a realistic option.

I could go back to the old build system while keeping the updated C
sources.  This would dramatically reduce the delta count, but seems
silly.

                                        --Barak.