Package: release.debian.org
Severity: normal
User: release.debian....@packages.debian.org
Usertags: unblock

Please unblock package intel-microcode

Intel released a new version of their microcode dump, which updates the
microcode for a widely-used processor family (latest i5/i7: e.g. i5-3570k
and i7-3770s, signature 0x306a9).

Although I am not privy to any extremely serious bugs this update would
solve, it likely deals with enhanced support or stability fixes for PEBS or
the on-die memory/PCI controler.  Thus, it is probably an important update.
It is also not likely to be widely deployed on motherboards on the field,
thus being a bit more important that we distribute it.

There should be no risk of regression, as the only change was the
replacement of the latest microcode data file, and that only changed a
single microcode update (verified using per-microcode-update sha256 hashes).

The packages have been in unstable for >12 days, without any issues being
reported.

unblock intel-microcode/1.20130222.1

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 7.0
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (990, 'testing'), (500, 'testing-proposed-updates'), (500,
'unstable'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Foreign Architectures: i386

Kernel: Linux 3.4.36+ (SMP w/8 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=pt_BR.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=pt_BR.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

  Henrique Holschuh