On 2013-05-08 11:59, Julien Cristau wrote:
> Package: release.debian.org
> Severity: wishlist
> User: release.debian....@packages.debian.org
> Usertags: britney
>
> Heya,
>
> britney doesn't currently check that required+important+standard
> packages are all co-installable.  It might be a good idea to add a
> faux-package to check that?
>
> Cheers,
> Julien

I like the idea.  I am thinking we could (at excuse time) reject
packages with a breaks/conflicts on priority:optional or "higher"
(unless the package is priority:extra).  This would mean we don't have
to "maintain" the faux-package and Britney would just "DTRT" on her own.
  Though it is probably not a flawless solution unless we at least also
check the dependencies have the right priority at excuse time as well[1].

~Niels

[1] Else out-of-date priorities could cause the "effective" set of
packages in {required,imported,standard} to break co-installability.