On Sun, 29 Sep 2013, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> There is not much data on what release managers think about rushing
> upgrades into p-u, but the fact there's no definitive data point on the
> microcode update, and the fact that it has been available for less than
> a week seem to point out that letting this update reach p-u before the
> next point release is highly unlikely.

Let it cook for a while if you think its best, it is not like we really know
how emergencial these updates are (or are not).  wheezy-backports is there
to help anyone that requires less latency on microcode updates.

However, this stable update was not exactly rushed in the sense that the new
package really just changes docs and a data file, so it has negligible
chance of extra breakage when compared to what is already in p-u.

[1] even if we don't know anything about what the Intel datafile changes
*do*.

  Henrique Holschuh