On 2013-12-28 15:02, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 09:47:41PM +0100, Niels Thykier wrote:
>> On 2013-12-27 21:08, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> I am playing with something for this. It's in a very initial stage, so
>>> take it with a grain of salt:
>>>
>>> http://dep8.debian.net/
>>>
>>> Please have a look at http://dep8.debian.net/data/packages.json and let
>>> me know what other information you would need there.
>>>

>> Hi Antonio,
>>
>> Thanks for looking into it.  At first glance, the exported json looks
>> good!  I am a bit curious on how we will distinguish a "has-no-tests"
>> from a "not-tested-yet" case.

Hi,

Sorry, forgot to follow up on this.

> My idea was not providing any data at all for packages that do not have
> DEP-8 tests.

Okay, will packages then be in a "await testing"-state or so for
packages with autopkgtest that are yet to be scheduled?

>> Does your runner support retesting packages when a dependency is
>> updated?  E.g. if a new version of APT is uploaded, will it schedule the
>> tests for python-apt (assuming the latter has DEP-8 tests)[1]?  It is by
>> no means a blocker, but I know there has been interest in the feature.
>
> That was actually one of my initial assumptions, so the runner was
> designed around this feature. It will run tests for a package again when
> there is a new version of the package or of any package in it dependency
> chain.

Great.  :)

> One concern I have, though: reusing your example, suppose there are new
> versions of both Python and APT, and python-apt tests break. How would
> we know which of them is to blame? Will both of them be blocked from
> migrating to testing?

I would say both, until we either get a manual judgement.  Of course, if
a future upload of one of the packages makes the problem go ahead, they
can both be "unblamed" (provided that they are not blamed for another
package).

>> Before we can integrate it, we will probably need some way of fetching
>> it securely (e.g. via https or ssh).
>
> no problem, it should be trivial to put https up.

Great.  Looking forward to seeing this in action. :)

~Niels