Control: tags -1 moreinfo

On 2014-04-28 11:56, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> Package: release.debian.org
> Severity: wishlist
>
> libuser is to be removed from testing shortly. As it will take a package
> of mine (mock) with it, I'm trying to fix it. It is to be removed due to
> http://bugs.debian.org/705690 .
>
> The package has not had a maintainer upload since 2008 (and had two NMUs
> since). It uses obsolete packaging guidelines. I gave up on trying to
> fix it.
>
> The upstream bug report in the advisory includes a "backported" patch,
> that fails to apply on our older version.
>
> I have thus prepared initial repackaging. It's not ready yet, but it
> builds. I hope to have a version ready to upload within a week.
> Packaging is on collab-maint:
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/libuser.git
>
> Ghe Rivero: what do you think?
>
> [...]

Hi,

Thanks for looking into fixing #705690!

You have filed a bug against release.debian.org, but it is not clear to
me why - you ask nothing of us directly, so I can only guess your
intentions.

If you are worried about the removal of libuser + mock, then the timer
has been reset with your message for #705690 (comment #12).  In other
words, as long as you provide regular status updates to the bug, the
auto-removal will back off.

~Niels