Package: release.debian.org
Severity: normal
User: release.debian....@packages.debian.org
Usertags: unblock

    zabbix/1:2.2.7+dfsg-1

Please unblock the above package (or reduce unstable-to-testing migration
delay to allow package propagation to "testing" before freeze).

As per upstream "Life Cycle & Release Policy" [1] Zabbix 2.2 is a long term
support (LTS) release which just received its 7th update fixing over 30
issues. Point release LTS updates are conservative bugfix-only updates (see
list of changes in [2]).

As bugfix-only update I believe Zabbix_2.2.7 is eligible for Jessie and
including latest point release 2.2.7 will provide strategic advantages for
future updates. I estimate low risk of regression and recommend 2.2.7 for
inclusion to Jessie.

Thank you.

[1]: http://www.zabbix.com/life_cycle_and_release_policy.php
[2]: http://www.zabbix.com/rn2.2.7.php

--
Best wishes,
 Dmitry Smirnov

---

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
        -- Philip K. Dick