Control: tag -1 - moreinfo

On Tue, 16 Dec 2014, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
> I'm not enthusiastic about having an orphaned package in stable, if I'm
> really honest. That's largely why it was removed.

I can understand that. That said we have plenty of such packages in stable
and they are not much more problematic than others.

> > I can prepare a more targeted fix for t-p-u if you really want but I
> > believe that taking the package from unstable is better. FWIW I'm interested
> > in bringing this package back because it's a dependency that we need
> > for a package available in Kali Linux.
>
> Can you not provide it in Kali? I like to be kind to derivatives where we
> can, but an orphaned package in Debian for the convenience of a derivative
> feels like the wrong way for this to work.

I can certainly provide it in Kali, but my aim is not to make the delta
bigger... we want to push more of our package towards Debian, and not the
opposite. :-)

In fact, this package should probably be adopted by the python-modules
team. I can make sure that this happens since I'm part of the team. Would
that reassure you?

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer