On Fri, 07 Aug 2015 at 21:55:53 +0200, Stephen Kitt wrote:
> Some of the changed symbols are part of the API. I'm attaching a patch
> which allows the package to build, at least on amd64, and implements
> the transition as described above.

My understanding is that this is OK to upload to unstable as per
<https://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2015/08/msg00426.html>;
and since your patch fixes a bug that has been RC for > 7 days
without maintainer response, you don't necessarily need to use a
delayed queue either.

I can NMU this for you if needed, but since you prepared the patch
and you maintain the only reverse dependency, perhaps it's better if
you do it.