Hi,

I am an active porter for the following architectures and I intend
to continue this for the lifetime of the Stretchj release (est. end
of 2020):

For mips, mipsel and mips64el, I
- run a Debian testing system on a real mipsel machine that I use
  regularly
- run a Debian stable system on a real mipsel machine that I use
  regularly
- run a Debian testing or unstable system on emulated mips, mipsel and
  mips64el machines that I use regularly
  regularly
- fix toolchain issues
- triage arch-specific bugs
- fix arch-related bugs
- test d-i more or less regularly using QEMU
- fix d-i bugs/issues
- maintain buildds
- fix kernel issues in stable and testing/unstable

I am a DD.

The mips* ports do support -fPIE/-pie and we already have binaries in
the archive built that way. I believe the ports are ready to have
-fPIE/-pie enabled by default. That said I am not aware of another
distribution doing so (Fedora still uses pie only for a few binaries
just like us), so we should probably not do that at the last minute
before the Stretch release.

Aurelien Jarno

aurel...@aurel32.net                 http://www.aurel32.net