In stretch, lightdm invokes the user's session with SIGPIPE ignored.
This can cause programs with careful error handling to fail.
See, for example, #841090.

I see that this bug is still outstanding in stretch.

To debian-release: The lightdm maintainers disagreed with me about
the bug severity.  Please would you confirm that this bug is RC.

To the lightdm maintainers: I intend to NMU (to DELAYED/7) to apply
the patch, unless you object.

Ian Jackson <>   These opinions are my own.

If I emailed you from an address or, that is