On Tue, Dec 13, 2016 at 12:21 AM, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort
<po...@debian.org> wrote:
> On 09/12/16 22:37, roucaries bastien wrote:
>> control: forwarded -1 https://github.com/ImageMagick/ImageMagick/issues/320
>>
>> Dear realease team,
>>
>> What is the next step?
>
> In which version was the ABI break introduced?

It was introduced more than 2 years ago ( 6.9.2-10). One version after
jessie what lie in unstable before jessie release.

> In general I would prefer the change to be reverted, but depending on how long
> this has been in the archive, and in order to stay up to date for security
> fixes, it may be best to do the soname bump.

>From a security point of view, I prefer recent version. I do not want
to keep jessie version with huge patch queue for

> Can you check if your rdeps build fine against a new imagemagick?

What i will do i will set on unstable the newer version with so dump
and will begin to rebuilt on pbuilder. Normally it will be fine.

I wish to have abi checker on the debian side

Bastien