On 23/04/10 at 08:16 -0600, Joshua Timberman wrote:

> On Apr 23, 2010, at 2:10 AM, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
>
> >No, we can't install packages ourselves (that are not in the
> >build-depends) during the build.
>

> Is the point actually that we can't /uninstall/ Build-Depends during
> the build?

The build is done by sbuild. sbuild installs the packages specified in
Build-Depends: as root, then extracts the source package, then calls the
relevant debian/rules targets, but as a normal user. Since the targets
are called as a normal user, we are in no position to modify the list of
install packages during the build.
--
| lu...@lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lu...@nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |