On 16-05-13 13:54:25, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 08:16:50PM +0200, ge...@riseup.net wrote:
> > - Because I'll re-enable the tests, I had a look at the dependencies
> >   (again): mail-gpg depends on pry-nav [1], which depends on pry-remote
> >   [2], both aren't packaged yet. So I'll do this as well..
>
> I replied to the ITPs, but saying it here again: pry is a _development_
> tool. Requiring it at runtime, or even for the build, does not make
> sense. If the upstream code hardcodes that in a way that the build fails
> without it, I would rather patch it out than introduce these packages,
> because even if they are _loaded_ during the build, there is no point
> having a interactive console available.

I saw and read your replies already, thanks for this.

Actually, I've opened these ITPs because I _thought_, if gems are
specified as "development dependencies" in *.gemspec, which 'prv-nav'
is, that the src package should then depend on these.

zeha said on IRC, I should check if the tests will run without these,
which I will do.

(In general, I've got more and more the feeling, that this task is maybe
"too big for me", because of my lack of knowledge regarding (Ruby)
Debian packaging. It feels more like "trial and error", instead of how I
normally work. Maybe this is because I'm just starting out, and it will
get better with me doing more stuff and time. Nearly each time I want to
do $foo, I'm asking myself "how to do this, where to find information
about this.)

Thanks for your input,
Georg