On Mon, Mar 05, 2018 at 08:16:01PM +0000, John Leach wrote:
> On Sun, 2018-03-04 at 13:50 -0300, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for raising this.
> >
> > ruby2.3 used dh_auto_configure, while ruby2.5 calls ./configure
> > directly
> > due to some incompatibilities between dh_auto_configure in debhelper
> > compatibility level 10+ and the way multi-arch is handled in Ruby
> > upstream. Those paths are usually passed in to ./configure by
> > dh_auto_configure, but are missing from the direct call to
> > /configure.
> >
> > I have just uploaded ruby2.5 2.5.0-6 fixing this.
>
> Hi Antonio,
>
> thanks for that, but your patch seems to be adding in a --runstatedir
> flag to configure and that doesn't look supported by ruby (
> --localstatedir and --sysconfdir are though)
>
> Is that a mistake or am I misunderstanding something?

Good question. There is a runstatedir entry in RbConfig::CONFIG, but
indeed configure does how who a corresponding --runstatedir.
--runstatedir is a commonly-accepted flag in autotools-based project,
however.

I'm not sure how this ends up in rbconfig, or if my passing
--runstatedir has any effect at all. I would need to drop it and try
again, but that is not a priority for me at the moment.