On Fri, Dec 15 2023 at 12:32:17 +05:30:00, Abhijith PA <abhij...@debian.org> wrote:
Hello o/.

On 12/12/23 01:49 AM, Ajayi Olatunji O. wrote:
 Hi,

 I just packaged ruby-flores 0.0.8, a build dependency for arr-pm
 0.0.12, which is a build dependency for gitlab 15.11.6

 Kindly check the package out at
 <https://salsa.debian.org/thegodtune/ruby-flores>

 Please review and sponsor. Thank you!

By the description of arr-pm, "Written in pure ruby because librpm is
not available on all systems". We already have librpm[1] in archive.
Perhaps we can depend on that ?

Also I am not sure why gitlab will be handling rpm packages, unless
its a core functionality I guess we can remove it.

Both suggestions would require more work/ruby skills and long term maintenance from us. Compared to that updating a ruby gem is lower barrier.

gitlab allows hosting deb/rpm repos from ci so we shouldn't disable it.
thanks.

--abhijith

[1] - <https://packages.debian.org/sid/librpm-dev>