Hello Norwid,

On Fri, 2026-10-09 at 08:45 +0000, Norwid Behrnd wrote:
> Hello Michel
> 
> Regarding `SugarJar`: by visit of
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/sugarjar and
> confirmed by inspection of `d/control` your data appear as
> `Maintainer:`, the
> Debian Ruby Team as uploader.  Is this intentional?  Since my move of
> `ruby-mdl`
> into the namespace of the team, I adopted the opposite pattern, i.e.
> 
> ``` d/control
> Maintainer: Debian Ruby Team
> <[email protected]>
> Uploaders: Norwid Behrnd <[email protected]>
> ```
> 
> A brief check in team maintained packages hosted on salsa (for
> instance
> `ruby-thinking-sphinx`, `ruby-js-image-paths`) equally shows this
> pattern.
> 
Ah, no, this is not intentional, I can fix it at the same time as
moving the package's VCS later.

> ---
> 
> A suggest you might want to opt-in: You already have a quality
> control beyond a
> minimum of
> 
> ``` d/salsa-ci.yml
> ---
> include:
>   - https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/meta/raw/master/salsa-ci.yml
> 
Oh, thank you! I will do this

> ```
> 
> I would recommend
> 
> - to _activate_ its use.  While accessing the salsa repository with a
> web
>   browser, this is accessed via Settings -> CI/CD -> General
> pipelines.  Here,
>   add the complete path to the file, i.e. `debian/salsa-ci.yml`
This is already active but I'll have to set it again after moving the
repo; will do that.

> - to _report_ the results on the landing page of the repository.  Go
> Settings ->
>   General -> Badges, with
> 
>    + Name: `Pipeline status`
>    + Link:  `https://salsa.debian.org/<namespace>/<project_name>`
>    + Pipeline Status:
> `https://salsa.debian.org/<namespace>/<project_name>/badges/debian/la
> test/pipeline.svg`
> 
>   The badge offers three levels:
> 
>    + gray: (so far) there is no run of the CI defined by `d/salsa-
> ci.yml` to
>      refer to.  If correctly set up, this changes with the next
> commit and push
>      to salsa.  It equally can be launched by an empty commit, for
> instance
> 
>      ``` bash
>      git commit --allow-empty -m "launch the CI"
>      ```
> 
>    + red / failed if the CI identified an issue
>    + green /passed if the CI passed
> 
>    Either level `red` or `green`, Build -> Pipelines allows to
> inspect the runs
>    of the CI in further detail (logs of `build source`, `lintian`,
> etc.).
> 
TIL on the badge, thanks. I should start adding them to my packages;
I've relied on just looking at the checkmark next to the latest commit.


Looking forward to being part of the team!

Best regards,


-- 
 _o) Michel Lind
_( ) https://keyoxide.org/5dce2e7e9c3b1cffd335c1d78b229d2f7ccc04f2

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part

Reply via email to