Hi,

I've got similar problems with IBM HDD on one UDMA100 controller and customised
kernel.

You can try any or all of following treatments:
= get DOS/Win/Linux utility for your HDD and switch UDMA66-100 modes OFF (for
me it was mode-4)
= avoid using special patches for kernel (UDMA ide)
= by hdparm switch UDMA off.
The last one will also slow down the communication with disk (UDMA33) so I

--- CuPoTKa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> äÏÂÒÙÊ ÄÅÎØ!
>
> ëÏÇÄÁ ÒÁÂÏÔÁÀ Ó ÂÏÌØÛÉÍÉ ÆÁÊÌÁÍÉ (ÎÁÐÒÉÍÅÒ ÒÁÓÐÁËÏ×Ù×ÁÀ kernel-source ÉÚ
> bz2) ÓÌÕÞÁÅÔÓÑ ×ÏÔ ÔÁËÁÑ ÂÅÄÁ:
>
> Jul 26 12:00:40 cupotka kernel: hdc: timeout waiting for DMA
> Jul 26 12:00:40 cupotka kernel: ide_dmaproc: chipset supported
> ide_dma_timeout func only: 14

=====
Yours,
Pavel V. Epifanov.