Stephen Powell wrote:
> When I click on "reply", the "To" field is pre-filled-in with the
> poster's e-mail address.

So, it's a limitation of *your* email client. The choice of client is up to
you, but forcing its limitations on others is backwards.

> I don't think I understand what you are trying to say.  Every DASD device
> which is supported by the DIAG driver, with or without the patch, is also
> supported by either the ECKD driver or the FBA driver.  The only thing
> that the DIAG driver buys you that's useful is a performance boost.

OK. My s390 knowledge is very limited. My understanding was that minidisks
were not supported at all (as there's a longstanding BR open to add
support for them in the installer).

This might increase the chances of getting it accepted for Lenny, but
someone will still need to do the work to prepare things cleanly for the
kernel team. *If* things are presented correctly I see no reason why the
kernel team would not accept it.

> OK, I'll try.  But in exchange, I'll ask that you attempt to persuade

Eh, what? Why would I have to do that? I have no special status here.

> the kernel team to hold off on freezing Squeeze until a kernel with this
> patch on it is adopted by Squeeze.  There isn't much point in going
> through the effort to get the patch into 2.6.32 if Squeeze is going to be
> frozen at 2.6.30 or 2.6.31.

As 2.6.32 is already in unstable and Squeeze will only freeze in March,
there is zero risk of that. If that had been a realistic risk, I would
have mentioned it in earlier mails.