Hi,

am Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 08:40:15AM -0800 hast du folgendes geschrieben:
> I am really a novice with DEBIAN (LINUX in general) and am having a problem
> trying to apply this fix. I have tried 'aptitude' but it doesn't seem to
> find any updates.
> I don't seem to find the 'how to do' doc.
> How do I download and apply a fix?

/etc/apt/sources.list lists all the package sources your system knows
about. You can add a new "deb" line with wheezy replaced with sid to
have access to newer packages that didn't trickle down to your
distribution yet. You need to do »sudo apt-get update« to fetch the
lists.  But your system would then prefer the newer packages, hence you
need something like this:

pkern@spike ~ % cat /etc/apt/preferences
Package: *
Pin: release o=Debian,a=testing
Pin-Priority: 500

Package: *
Pin: release o=Debian,a=unstable
Pin-Priority: 300

Package: *
Pin: release o=Debian
Pin-Priority: -1

Then you can do »sudo apt-get install s390-tools=1.16.0-2«.

In eight days it will probably enter wheezy, but obviously more eyes
are appreciated.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern